From having one of the lowest-density rail networks in the world, the Middle East and North Africa (Mena) is slowly but surely emerging as a top destination for rail investments. Regional governments are promoting some of the most modern rail networks in the world, looking to ramp up investments in the transport infrastructure to build a modern, competitive economy. That is why, despite the drop in oil prices, investment in rail remains a very high priority.
According to MEED analysis, projects worth about $16bn are scheduled to be awarded by the end of 2018, potentially more than double the value of rail contract awards in both 2016 and 2017.
Understand the strategies for over $200bn of planned investment in the regional rail sector together with key project details through MEED’s Mena Rail 2018 report. Covering 21 countries, the report provides timelines for tendering projects along with key client contact information.
• Gain insight into mainline, metro and tram projects across the Gulf, North Africa and the Levant
• Understand the current and upcoming project opportunities in each Mena state
• Access key project details, including maps, bidders lists, procurement timeframe and technical details
• Understand individual country strategies for their rail and metro development plans
• Quantify the value of current and future rail and metro investment in each country
• Access essential contact information for principal clients
• Understand the challenges involved in building rail lines in each country
The lion’s share of the planned investment is targeted at mainline and cross-country railway lines to provide freight and passenger transportation capacity from Morocco to the Gulf. But urban rail systems, particularly in the GCC, are a major element of the region’s rail spending plans. Iran has also witnessed significant foreign investments in the rail sector since the lifting of the international nuclear sanctions in early 2016.
The report provides analysis of more than 200 rail projects across the region. Comprising easy-to-comprehend summaries, engaging charts and graphs and all the latest data and essential insight, the Mena Rail 2018 report will help you win business in the growing rail markets.
All the MEED Insight reports are delivered via email in digital version.